Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 19:08:54 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems after PAO -> 2.2.5 stable

[
I'm not sure why, but you have *REALLY* long lines you're using, which
are made mostly of just white-space tagged on the end what is giving my
mailer fits.
]

> I've ben hapily using a Nokia modem card for GSM phones on the PAO
> release. I just upgraded to 2.2.5-stable and cannot get it to
> work. pccardd says it is unable to allocate a driver for it.
> What also happens is that when I insert this card into slot 1,
> the 3Com etherlinkIII card in slot 0 no longer works.

This is strange.  What does the entry for /etc/pccard.conf look like for
the ethernet card?

> >From my kernel config file:
>
> device		sio0	at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
> device		sio1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
>
> >From pccard.conf:

> # Nokia GSM
> card "Nokia Mobile Phones" "DTP-2 ver II"
>         config 0x20 "sio1" 3 0x2f8

What the heck is this 0x2f8 stuff at the end of your config line?  Is it
a PAO extension?  Anyway, if you read the email I sent to the list, you
need to pick the entry that corresponds to "sio1/0x2f8", which is not
index 0x20, but index 0x22

> Tuple #14, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 8
>     000:  22 18 a3 60 f8 02 07 03
> 	Config index = 0x22
> 	Card decodes 3 address lines, 8 Bit I/O only
> 		I/O address # 1: block start = 0x2f8 block length = 0x8
> 		IRQ modes:
> 		IRQ level = 3

Unfortunately, it looks like it only supports IRQ 3 as well.

So:
card "Nokia Mobile Phones" "DTP-2 ver II"
	config 0x22 "sio1" 3

Should work.

Nate