Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:02:03 +0000
From:      Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
To:        santhy chandran <santhychandran@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to install JRE in FreeBSD

santhy chandran wrote:
> hi,
>
> Im new to FreeBSD environment and need to work with C++ using IDE Eclipse .
>
> I came to know that inorder to install Eclipse,we should have JRE n our
> machine.I have downloaded JRE for FreeBSD but not able to get it
> installed since installation procedures are not given in that..

When you say you have downloaded the JRE for freebsd, I assume you mean
appropriate version from
http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml

If you have downloaded the package from there then just run
pkg_add $nameofdownloadedfile
For 6.x i386 that would be
pkg_add diablo-jdk-freebsd6.i386.1.5.0.07.01.tbz

hope that helps,

regards,
Vince