Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:52:33 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        jason henson <jason@ec.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: mplayer/mplayer-plugin question

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 02:09:29AM -0400, jason henson wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 10:00:12PM -0400, jason henson wrote:
> >

> Is it up to date?
>
> You mean the port?
> /usr/ports/multimedia/win32-codecs
>
> You mean the install location?
> /usr/local/lib/win32/

	Thanks.  I was searching on codec.  If you didn't catch my post
	from Thursday, I finally found the reason the mplayer-plugin
	was failing was that I hadn't touched|found
	/usr/X116R/etc/mplayerplug-in.conf.  The porter or author left
	everything commented.   I suggested adding a blurb to the port
	Makefile or else uncommenting enough variables to allow some
	min functionality--this *with* a Makefile blurb.  I was looking
	in /usr/local/etc for the configuration file.  ...

	Anyhow, mplayer works only that the volume is distorted.

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix