Date:      Mon, 05 Jan 1998 16:45:24 -0500
From:      bhargava chittamuri <bhargava@bluestone.COM>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        bhargava@bluestone.COM
Subject:   metasend and attachments

hi,

I am trying to develop an application which can forward multiple
multiple attachments using a combination of metasend and sendmail

THe attachements (gif and jpg files for ex.,) are visible at the
recieving end but the actual name of the file(s) sent gets lost
somewhere

Could anyone suggest a solution to my problem

This is a brief description of my usage of these 2 commands

(1)metasend -b -f datafile1 -m 'text/plain'\
            -n -f gifFile1 -m 'image/gif'\
            -n -f gifFile2 -m 'image/gif'\
            -s " Subject matter"\
            -t bhargava@bluestone.com\
            -o tempFile

(2) /usr/ucb/sendmail -oi -t < tempFile

 thanks

  bhargava

   Bhargava Chittamuri   		Phone: (609) 727-4600
   Bluestone
   1000 Briggs Road		Email: bhargava@bluestone.com
   Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
                                  Web: http://www.bluestone.com/