Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 2015 13:16:53 +0200
From:      David Naylor <dbn@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Simplifying lang/pypy(3)

--nextPart7680121.kNJ7OFmOiK

Hi,

lang/pypy was originally set up to achieve:

 * building of multiple pypy instances based on different setting (i.e. with
or without jit, sandboxing, etc).  The port user could define any permutation
she desires.

 * Install in a directory layout more similar to lang/python (i.e. libraries
in lib/, include files in include/).

I plan to simplify the port by removing the multi-instance support and using
the default directory layout of the port.  This will fix issues with
virtualenv and reduce the learning curve of using/maintaining the port.

To this end does anyone:

 a) use the multi-instance support?

 b) depend on the current directory layout?

Based on feedback I will adapt my plans to simplify.

Regards