Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:49:27 +0200
From:      Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Cc:        Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Still freeze with 3.0-RELEASE, PLEASE give me any suggestions!!

Fcc: outbox

----------

 > > Again no change (after this IRQ 15 is occupied by the vga device and
 > > the Adaptec is on IRQ 2)!
 >
 > 	Just a tiny nigglin' here.... IRQ 2 is used by a few things on the
 > motherboard. SCSI cards should be running up on 10 or 11, even 12 if you
 > wish.

Yes, sure it was only a test if the occupied IRQ 15 was the reason
for the freeze, it wasn't :-)

Normally the 2 Adapteks are running on

ahc0: <Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter> rev 0x00 int a irq 14 on pci0.12.0
ahc0: aic7880 Single Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs
ahc1: <Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter> rev 0x00 int a irq 15 on pci0.13.0
ahc1: aic7880 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs

IRQ 12 vis my PS/2 mouse, 10 the Teles 16.3 ISDN card, 11 is still
not used and

vga0 <VGA-compatible display device> rev 1 int a irq ?? on pci0:14:0

due to the automatic allocation of IRQ's on the PCI bus, I have not
too much influence on the details, except the slot number :-(

However, the behavior seem to be stable, freeeeezzzzz ;-)

Regards

Lars

--
E-Mail:                                     |  Lars Koeller
  Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE              |  UNIX Sysadmin