Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:31:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Thomas (Matt) Barton" <matt@fear.net>
To:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
Subject:   Re: PINE -> checking for email

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Andrew Hesford wrote:

> Or you can do like me, and have things the cool way. I used to use
> fetchmail with mutt, but for some reason, fetchmail stopped working
> with my server. Rather than dick around with the moron administrators
> that always seem to work on university networks, I simply set up my
> own mailserver, and got myself a free hostname from dyndns.org. They
> give you an MX entry with that. This way, I just create a .forward on
> the mail server, and enjoy local UNIX mail the way it was intended. :)

Very ideal setup there.  <grin>

> PS: I would suggest you try out mutt, even if not for POP3. I used to
> use pine, but mutt is much more configurable, and is all-around better
> than pine.

Not to start a Pine vs. Mutt war here, but Mutt may be the overall better
mailer; however, the mail editor built in to Pine rocks.  I haven't found
anything better.  I'm anal, I guess.  I'd like to know if something better
does exist, though -- but I feel like an old man (okay, I'm 24), and set
in my ways with Pine.  <old man frown>

--

Matt Barton         matt@fear.net
Indianapolis, IN    http://www.mattbarton.ws/