Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 2002 11:07:46 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Chris Strzelczyk <stenchmaster@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless troubles... Supported hardware???

> Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:22:21 -0400
> From: Chris Strzelczyk <stenchmaster@blackhelicopters.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Hello,
>
>     I have looked for this in the FAQ, Handbook and mailing list but was
> not able to find anything significant.
>
>     I have bought a smc wireless card (SMC2632W).  This is listed as
> being fully supported in the hardware database but a dmesg -a gives me this:
>
> Oct  4 12:18:36 stenchmaster pccardd[52]: No card in database for
> "SMC"("2632W-V2")
>
> Is the V2 of this card supported?  Should I possibly upgrade to the
> latest stable?

Nope, the V2 card is not in Stable as of yesterday.

You can probably get it working by adding the following into
/etc/pccard.conf:
# SMC's 2632W-V2
card "SMC" "2632W-V2"
        config  auto "wi" ? 0x10000
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
        remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

I can't promise that this will work, but it's likely.

If this does not work, send a message to freebsd-mobile about it. The
folks who maintain this software hang out there and are likely to KNOW
if it will work and exactly how to do it.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)