Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:45:35 +0300
From:      Haim Ashkenazi <haim@babysnakes.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   what version to use for home desktop?

Hi

After using FreeBSD for a month on a server, I thought of moving my
desktop from debian unstable to freebsd (I've been using linux as my
desktop for 7 years now, and it's time for a change... :) ). I'm wondering
about what version to use. on debian it's very common to use unstable for
the desktop (if you know that sometimes a package breaks) and it's very
rare that the whole system breaks (I never seen that in the 2 years I'm
using it). what's the status on freebsd? can I use CURRENT for my desktop
without being afraid that it won't boot after an upgrade? the reason I
want CURRENT is mostly hardware support (e.g. I have a SB!Live and I read
that STABLE doesn't support it).

thanx
--
Haim