Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:14:16 -0500
From:      Kevin Brunelle <kruptos@mlinux.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Obtaining an @freebsd.org email address.

Does anyone know what the requirements for a freebsd.org email address are?  I
have looked but I can't seem to find a link to them nor a description of who
I would contact concerning this.

I have read the following from the porter's handbook
( http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/keeping-up.html )

"If you wish to use FreshPorts, all you need is an account. If your registered
email address is @FreeBSD.org, you will see the opt-in link on the right hand
side of the webpages. For those of you who already have a FreshPorts account,
but are not using your @FreeBSD.org email address, just change your email to
@FreeBSD.org, subscribe, then change it back again."

This seems to imply that
1) I need an @freebsd.org email address to fully utilize the site
2) I should be able to get an @freebsd.org email address for being a port
maintainer.

My implications could be wrong so if anyone could point me in the right
direction here (for clarification or who I should contact) it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Kevin B