Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 21:57:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      tim@scratch.demon.co.uk
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   wwwoffle - or other - configuration problems

Hi,

I am currently 4.0-CURRENT pretty much o.k., but I would like to get
three things sorted out, namely

www, mail and news !

firstly www - having messed around for a while looking for a decent www
browser after netscape failed to work, I have now had to reinstall the
aout libs for x11 to get netscape working again. This is o.k. but I'd
rather move away from aout, is there another browser worth considering ?

also on www - I am having trouble with wwwoffle http://localhost:8080/
fails !

any sugestions welcome or any other choice of caching and fetching, I
have webcopy installed but have not experimented much.

secondly mail - I have tkrat, sendmail, procmail and fetchmail. on
connection ppp-linkup runs fetchmail and for that matter wwwoffle -
online. sendmail calls procmail as the local mailer, but sometimes my
mail gets downloaded to oblivion, not just on or two messages but all
of it - pain in the butt !. Also my messages very often appear twice
though I presume this may be a pop / stmp problem - not worried about
this for the moment. However sometimes my mail fails to be delivered
though I may have fixed this as I was having my mail deferred but this
I have changed.

thirdly news - here is a complete void with me so is it best for me to
use a specific news reader or have it bought in and read with my mail
reader - I think I would prefer this.

Cheers chaps & chappetts for the help