Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:19:09 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   Oops...  {upgrading, using a script and pkg_version}

	Hi people,

	A day or three ago somebody posted a neat upgrade script
	(or snippet of) using a shell for loop and pkg_version.
	I was going to save, thought I saved it to ~/Mail/freebsd.
	Can't find it.  Anybody knw which post I'm thinking of?

	It was something like:

	for `pkgversion -xyz {foo}`; whatever;
	do
	   portupgrade -abc;
	done

	but something that was much more sharp.  Several days ago I
	saved the output of pkg_version -IL'<=' to /tmp/Up.sh, then
	edited in portupgrade  to each of the 20+ ports.  As a result,
	I'm almost entirely upgraded here.  What I saw looked much more
	efficient.

	thanks, guys,

	gary

--