Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 1997 14:54:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xmcd questions

> Do you think you can make xmcd not ask questions and just default to
> something sensible (like my Toshiba XM-5301TA :) when PACKAGE_BUILDING
> is defined in the environment?

In the last port of xmcd, I patched it to not ask the operator so
many questions.  How using PACKAGE_BUILDING for that also?

And instead of configuring a default CD-ROM drive, what about _not_
running the configure script when PACKAGE_BUILDING is defined?
We can instead echo a message to inform the operator that the
configure needs to be run.  This way, we won't override an existing
CD-ROM configuration.

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org