Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 1999 06:32:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gordon Price <rgptechnologies@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   startx fails with KDE 1.1.1 on FreeBSD 3.3

Gentlemen,
     I know you don't support either X or KDE, but
maybe somebody recognizes the following error that I
am getting, (from maybe a prior bad experience they
had). I had a hard disk crash with a bad motherboard
and some files got trashed and repaired. I
de-installed and re-installed all of the following
pacakge: KDE,PNG,QT, from the distribution CD. No
luck... TWM seems to work fine however. WM works
somewhat too. KDE will not start up at all.
     The "startx" errors are several iterations of the
following(plus a few more variations):

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 /usr/local/lib/libkfm.so.2:
undefined symbol "__TI7Qdialog"

     I have KDE 1.1.1 running on another 3.3 BSD box
with no problems. I know there are some hardware
differences but maybe somebody really knows what
causes this error in the first place.

THANKS,
R. Gordon Price
Lead Engineer