Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2001 14:21:20 +0200
From:      "Niels Chr. Bank-Pedersen" <ncbp@bank-pedersen.dk>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfilter+ipv6 - what am I missing?

Hi,

On yesterdays -current I'm having some problems making ipfilter
DTRT with ipv6 packets:

  bm# ipfstat -6io
  block out quick on xl0 from any to any
  block out quick on vx0 from any to any
  block in quick on xl0 from any to any
  block in quick on vx0 from any to any

(passing ipv6 traffic)

  bm# ipfstat -6
   IPv6 packets:          in 0 out 0

Even with the above ruleset installed, ipfilter doesn't block
any traffic at all, and counters for ipv6 packets remains at
zero while successfully running various ipv6 sessions through
the firewall, so what am I missing here?

Feel free to flame me if I am missing the obvious :-)

/Niels Chr.

--
 Niels Christian Bank-Pedersen, NCB1-RIPE.
 Network Manager, TDC, IP-section.

 "Hey, are any of you guys out there actually *using* RFC 2549?"