Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:38:17 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updated driver for Mylex 160/170/352/2000/3000 controllers

The next BETA version of the 'mly' driver for Mylex's current family of
PCI SCSI RAID controllers is now available from
  http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/index.html#mylex.

The major change in this version is the addition of status monitoring; the
driver is now aware of the array status and will report drive status at
attach time in the SCSI INQUIRY data, as well as logging status events.

I don't have a 4.x system to test on at this stage, so I'm not trying to
make the driver work on 4.x.  Having said that, the issues involved in
fixing it for 4.x are probably small, and if an interested user can
provide me with a little assistance, I'm sure I can sort it out.

Thanks as usual to Mylex for the hardware and data, and BSDi for funding
this work.