Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:07:32 +0000
From:      Riemer Palstra <riemer@palstra.com>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@mysql.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Do you use MySQL?

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:18:46AM +0100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> - Which version of FreeBSD are you running?

A mixture of 5.4 and 6.0 (new installs currently get 6.0, I plan on
checking 6.1 and making it the default in the coming weeks or so).

> - Which version of MySQL are you running?

A mixture of 4.1 and 5.0, new installs get 5.0.

> - If you're not running MySQL 5.0, why not?

These are 'older' installations, being stable in their current setup, so
no real need to bump a major version number on them.

> - Where do you get your MySQL software from?
>
>   * From the ports collection?

Yes (also rolling my own packages from them, when needed).

> - Which threading library are you using?  Why?

libthr on 6.0. Some minor performance improvements over libpthread, but
combined with some tweaks in my-huge.cnf copied over to /etc/my.cnf,
this can be quite a difference from a default install.

(On 4.x I used LinuxThreads, I saw no real need to try them on 5.x or
6.0)

> - Have you had to change the default installation (different compile
>   flags, different installation directories, etc.)?

BUILD_STATIC & BUILD_OPTIMIZED

> - Do you have any problems that you think are related to the choice of
>   the version you're using?

None at the moment.

--
Riemer Palstra		     		      Amsterdam, The Netherlands
riemer@palstra.com				 http://www.palstra.com/