Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 2003 18:51:48 +0200
From:      Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   samba ldap+unix password sync

Hi !

I know this question isn't FreeBSD specific, but all the scripts I tried
to achieve what I need only seem to work under Linux.
I have a FreeBSD-5.1-p2+pam_ldap+nss_ldap+openldap+samba (with ldap
support).
Ldap authentication works for both unix and samba accounts.
What I need is a way of syncing samba password with unix password, both
stored in ldap (as ntPassword, lmPassword and userPassword).
I'm sure it is doable with samba, but the scripts like ldapsync,
ldapchgpasswd... don't work.
I'm looking for someone who succeeded in making this work, I'm really
out of ideas, and the samba list isn't very helping.
Thanks.

Antoine