Date:      28 Mar 2002 16:14:33 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <H@Schmalzbauer.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to make Xfree86-4.2?

Hello all,

I wanted to compile Xfree86 4.2.0 but there seems to be something going
wrong.
I made a "make install" in ports/XFree86-4/ after editing the Makefile
of imake-4.
Now it looks to me that on every part of XFree it extracts the source
each time again (which takes hours on my machine) and compiles it
completely every time (which ends up in compiling for 5 hours right now
an a PII 350)

What's the correct way to build XFree86?

Please answer directly, I'm not subscribed.

-Harry