Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:53:35 +0530 (IST)
From:      "G.B.Naidu" <gbnaidu@sasi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   make problem...

Hi,

make utility is behaving strangely on my FreeBSD 3.3 machine. Whenever I
change some file and do make, it is compiling every file rather than
compiling only the changed file. On a different machine of same release,
make is working properly.

I guess that there might be some option to make to disable this behaviour.
Could some one help me to know why make is behaving like this and how do I
avoid it? Especially it is very annoying when compiling kernel, as it
takes lot of time to compile for even a single file changes.

thanks
--gb