Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:38:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
To:        Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ghosting a FreeBSD disk or partition

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Len Conrad wrote:

> With PowerQuest Drive Image or Norton Ghost (or equivalent), does anybody
> know whether these can be make to work with FBSD 165 partitions?

Why don't you try it?

> The goal is have canned procedures of minimum steps that can be run by
> semi-tech person, vs by a full +nix BOFH sys admin.

I have tried a couple of Ghosting programs and never quite been totally
happy with any of them. Using some form of dump with some friendly
instructions would probably be easiest. The problem would be the restore.

Nortong Ghost fits on a floppy so that's something good since you could
then theoretically do your restore from that floppy.