Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:36:01 -0400
From:      "Amir Y. Rosenblatt" <amir@neuron.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MAKEDEV problems

I seem to be ruynning out of PTYs (despite my kernel being set to have 256
of em).  I attenmpted to run MAKEDEV and got the following:

   [root@thorazine]/dev {3:33pm}# ./MAKEDEV local
   ./MAKEDEV: arith: syntax error: ""

   [root@thorazine]/dev {3:33pm}# 1;2c

I get the same error whenever I try to make anything else (like
"speaker").  Any ideas what's going wrong and how I might make sure I have
enough ptys (the machine is barely doing anhything at all - -can;t imagine
why it's running out).

	-Amir

--
    / \  Official pace car of the apocalypse. | Amir Y. Rosenblatt
   /<@>\                        - Red Meat    | amir@neuron.net