Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:46:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Martin Kraemer <Martin.Kraemer@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>, "Kraemer, Martin" <Martin.Kraemer@fujitsu-siemens.com>, konecny@web.markiza.sk, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Continuing ahc problems - also cause fxp failure

:
:On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 12:58:36PM -0600, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
:> If you are running stable, perhaps you can try to reproduce the issue
:> with this patch applied?
:>
:> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/aic7xxx.stable.diffs
:>
:> This will update you to the same code level as is in -current and
:> will allow me to better analize the messages that are displayed
:> during a timeout.
:
:Ah, here they come again. I started a backup to DAT tape, and got the
:following (with the patched version) a couple of minutes ago.
:So: sorry, the bug still exists. ahc0 is the on-board controller.
:
:How can I help in diagnosing this?
:
:   Martin

    Just as a side note here... I have never, ever had a SCSI DAT drive
    that didn't cause problems with my other devices.  I always put those
    things on their own SCSI bus.  It may or may not be related to your
    problem.

						    -Matt