Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:10:39 -0500
From:      "Ambrose, Christian" <caa85@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

>magazine? Do you already have a dummy of your magazine you could show me?

    Interestring question, what do we have, what would we want to have?  I
think that we sould try to avoid covering what Daemonnews are O'Reilly,
whould may end up meaning less newbie oriented.  Is having a newbie
orinted magizine a plus or minus?  If we do focus on newbies, is it Windows
newbies or Linux newbies.
    Also, we would want to distrubute CDs with each issue (al la Maximum
Linux).  And what would we put on the CD(s)?  Personily, I think that it
would be cool to have snapshots of the -CURRENT release of FreeBSD and what
ever is equivable(sp?) for the others.  Also, maybe source code on a second
disk (if the shapshots do not take up all the space.)

Christian

Please excuse any spelling and grammatical mistakes, and also the over use
of 'we' .