Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 15:32:48 -0400
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IIS vs Apache

--On Friday, May 18, 2001 5:59 PM +0100 j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
wrote:r

> I just saw a quote:
>
>     But as Giga analyst Stacey Quandt noted, even the fastest, cheapest
>     and best browser may not win.
>
>     "Sometimes, the best technologies don't win out. Microsoft's IIS
> (Internet Information Server) is faster
>     than Apache, but Apache has the greatest market share, for example."
>
> Are there any stats to back this up, that anyone knows of?

The statement is very confusing, are they comparing webservers or
OS+webservers??
Is"best technology"  here, Windows NT? If we are comparing Apache on
Windows NT, surely IIS does better. On FreeBSD or Linux IIS doesn't perfom
at all...so well...I guess there's no doubt what technology to compare
there :).

     Pedro.