Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 2002 11:09:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Pookie <madriax@garlic.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDK?

On 2002-09-15, Pookie scribbled:

# I've been trying for the last 4 hours to get jdk 1.3.1 running. At the
# moment I'm downloading j2sdk-1_3_1_04-linux-i586.bin. The reason I'm
# doing this is for OpenOffice. MY question is: at some point am I going
# to be forced to install linux_base?

I believe that the FreeBSD version of the J2SE 1.3.1 JDK requires the
Linux version... which in turn requires linux_base.

--

Linh Pham                                         lplist@closedsrc.org
Webmaster and FreeBSD Geek                        http://closedsrc.org