Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:53:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        George Hartzell <hartzell@alerce.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Micro-atx dual core motherboards (DFI RS482 or Asus A8V-MX or...)?

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, George Hartzell wrote:

> I'm interested in a microatx socket 939 motherboard and would like to
> hear about people's experiences with them.
>
> This one:
>
>  A8V-MX
>
>  http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=224&model=743&modelmenu=1
>
> got kind of mediocre marks on the freebsd amd motherboard page.

I'm running my "multipurpose gateway" on an A8V-MX w/ an Athlon 3800+. The
sound and ethernet work fine on 6.1 and it has been stable for me so far.
If you want to use X (at least THIS release) you'll need another video
card. I use it for a "multipurpose gateway", so I can't give my final
opinion until it has a few hundred days of uptime on it.