Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 1996 20:37:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: User-level and administrative diff's between BSDi and FreeBSD? (fwd)

On Sun, 31 Dec 1995, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Dec 1995, Donald Burr wrote:
>
> > I just picked up the latest edition of "UNIX System Administration
> > Handbook" (an EXCELLENT reference text, btw; I'll be sending highest
> > kudos to the authors).
>
> 	YES!  hope that you got the 2nd edition, red cover with cdrom.
> the first edition is thinner on material and details both.
>
> > While it doesn't go into details about any of the Free*BSD's nor Linux,
> > it DOES go into details of a lot of the workstation OS's, including HPUX,
> > Solaris, ... as well as BSDi on 80x86's.
>
> 	a great project would be to create a set of FreeBSD specific
> notations for the book.  just like the authors did for sunos, solaris,
> hpux, bsdi, irix (sgi), ...

Way back before the birth of the handbook, I thought seriously about
doing this.  To this day, I think it would be a worthwhile project.  It
could possibly even be published in paper as a "FreeBSD Companion to UNIX
System Administration".

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============