Date:      Sun, 3 May 2020 14:56:37 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Brandon helsley <brandon.helsley@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Compiz fusion

On Sun, 3 May 2020 12:43:24 +0000, Brandon helsley wrote:
> Compiz fusion is a none working port on fresh ports.

I've checked https://www.freshports.org/x11-wm/compiz-fusion
as well as https://www.freshports.org/x11-wm/compiz - where
does it say it's not working?

>From the description "This is a metaport for compiz-fusion."
and "No installation instructions: this port has been deleted.
The package name of this deleted port was: PKGNAME: compiz-fusion"
I'd guess that "compiz" is the "new" name of the port and package
you should install to get the Compiz environment.

> How am I supposed to set the graphics?

Follow https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/x-compiz-fusion.html
and keep in mind that no package "compiz-fusion" does exist
(representing the metaport); however, you can install the
required components. Check

	# pkg search compiz

and decide what you need to install additionally if installing
"compiz" leaves you with some missing part.

NB: The manual does _not_ reflect the correct procedure related
to ports / packages.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany