Date:      Sat, 31 May 2003 20:34:37 +1000 (EST)
From:      <keith@smmc.qld.edu.au>
To:        <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help..can I use DUMP? my drive is dying - VINUM ?

But Greg...you wrote VINUM - spriuk a bit I reckon!
Yeah look the name of "some util" escapes me but it copies blok by blok
off to an ftp server (German origin I think). I used fsck to check things
out but no errors are reported so I can't say why the "some util "
wouldn't restore the /usr/local slice.
My main hassle is very poor disk slice design/forethought space wise.
I have a huge home partition that is not used because this mail server
uses qmail/vpop toaster(thanks Matt S) /var heaps. Don't ant to patch
symlinks all over the shop, and I am a no nothing on how to resize (if it
is possible) and swap reports getswapspacefailed a lot under load.
Hrrummph!
I figure a dump, rebuild (with vinum mirror bootstapped) and restore might
help but the mote I think hte more I think ???
Thanks Keith