Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 20:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Alan Cox <alc@cs.rice.edu>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, Alan Cox <alc@cs.rice.edu>, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>, jgrosch@mooseriver.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.2 Freeze date

:On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 07:33:28PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>
:>     My main interest are the NFS/TCP fixes, which Alan now has a -stable patch
:>     for.  But it's already the tenth so if it goes in now the source will
:>     then have to be reviewed by more gurus ( post-commit ).
:>
:
:The NFS/TCP realignment patch was checked into -stable last Sat
:morning.  Is there anything else?
:
:Alan

    I think that's all the items on my hotlist.  Except ( unrelated to
    Alan ) I still do not like the fact that a 'flags 0x40' must be specified
    for the ppc to disable the extra probes that cause people's machines to
    crash.  Even though the flag is set in GENERIC,  there will be a lot of
    people upgrading who have their own custom kernels and will almost
    certainly forget to add the flag.  I would much prefer if the *default*
    were to disable the extra probes and the flag enabled them.

    I just don't see the point of intentionally destroying backwards
    compatibility ( especially when it could lockup someone's machine ) when
    it is so easy to simply reverse the sense of the flag.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>