Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:07:02 -0700
From:      "Brigg Angus" <brigg@flatlan.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   somewhat interesting rm issue

I'm wondering if there's a way to rm a file that cannot be deleted by any of
the regular methods. For instance, I had copied the contents of the Win98 SE
reskit over from the Win98 CD to my home directory via Windows98/Samba. In
trying to remove the reskit directory, one file, .nmH7Kghj could not be
removed.  I can successfully change the name (changed too "blah"), I can
change the contents (file had an original size of 0 bytes), "chmod 777 blah"
works fine (although there have been issues with it automatically reverting
to chmod 655 here and there, with no reason I can divine), "unlink blah"
does not work, "rm -rf blah" does not work, "chflags nouunlnk blah" does not
work. When I rm or rm -rf the file there is no error message, but the file
remains.

"ls -ol blah" has yielded both,
-rw-r-xr-x  1 777  brigg  - 13 Jun 27 21:31 blah
-rwxrwxrwx  1 777  brigg  - 13 Jun 27 21:31 blah

Running 4.3-stable

Any ideas on what may be causing this, or a solution, would be appreciated.
Brigg