Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 23:12:46 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel Schrock <d_jab@anonymous-daemon.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I cvsup'd, now nfs filesystems won't mount!

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ

Daniel Schrock wrote:

> I had 4.1-RC instead of 4.0-Stable, which was to be the intended upgrade.
> Not a big deal, except for the fact that my nfs filesystems now won't mou=
nt.
> I tried booting /kernel.old and same result.
>=20
> It hangs at Mounting NFS file systems until I ^C or it times out, saying
> mount nfs file system: gateway:/usr/home: not responding.
> Does anyone know what the problem is?

Hmm, do you have portmap running on both client and server?  Is nfsd
running on gateway?  What happens if you run 'mount -a -t nfs' manually
from a root prompt?  Do you have nfsiod running on the client?  I'm
guessing you should, if you didn't change any configuration files, but
these things need to be checked.

> Also, does anyone know why I was given 4.1-RC instead of 4.0-Stable?  I
> cvsup'd a different machine a few days ago and it went flawlessly and
> resulted in 4.0-Stable.  I used identical cvsup files and the same server
> (cvsup3.freebsd.org).

Don't worry about it.  "RC" means "Release Candidate", and if you cvsup
shortly before a release that's the version name you'll see.  It will
change to "RELEASE" while the CVS tag is laid, then it will go back to
"STABLE", so you'll be back on 4.1-STABLE.

--=20
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ