Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:38:49 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANyone seen a touch screen on BSD?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:12:01AM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:

> says it all.....
> If you know of a touch screen that can be interfaced to FreeBSD let me
> know..

Depends what you mean by 'interfaced'... we had some touch screens attached
to RedHat boxen at my previous job -- the touch screen bit just emulated a
mouse (plugged into the serial port, IIRC).  They supplied XFree86 drivers
for it and a bit of software for calibrating the thing.  I remember
thinking at the time, there was no reason this wouldn't run on *BSD as
well.

If you're interested, I'll get someone there to dig out the details of
where we got them from.  The suppliers were pretty helpful (they built the
screens as well as selling them), so all other things being equal I'd
recommend them.

HTH,

	Scott