Date:      Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:18:45 -0500
From:      Bob Perry <rperry@gti.net>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to Startx Following Upgrade--Error in Locking Authority File

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Bob Perry <rperry@gti.net> writes:
>
>> Bingo! It works...but what is a stale authority file and how do you
>> avoid them?
>
> "Stale" is a technical term that means pretty much the same thing it
> does in your kitchen:  something that should've been thrown out before
> now.  I haven't seen one in a long time, so I'm not sure where yours
> came from, but a system crash might leave one behind.

Not sure if I updated folks on this but the problem persists.  (E-mail
problems).  I've since requested assistance from the gnome and x11
mailing list since the problem started following recent upgrades to
those ports.

Purpose here is to thank you for your assistance if I neglected to do so
earlier.

Bob Perry