Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 2015 13:48:59 +0000
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: 11-armv6-GUMSTIX-snap build failure

--tgO4DUqb0GCKXXLG

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 02:39:16PM +0100, Andrew Turner wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 13:31:56 +0000
> Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> > On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 09:46:23AM +0100, Andrew Turner wrote:
> > > On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 00:00:41 +0000
> > > Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > >=20
> > > ...=20
> > >=20
> > > The GUMSTIX kernel config shouldn't be built as armv6. It should be
> > > build with TARGET_ARCH=3Darm. This is the default if building with
> > > just TARGET=3Darm specified.
> > >=20
> >=20
> > How the scripts I'm using to build these work, I need to specify the
> > TARGET_ARCH as well as TARGET.
> >=20
> > So, this is not an issue if that is the correct fix, I'll just set
> > both to 'arm.'  However, this has built successfully in the past with
> > TARGET_ARCH=3Darmv6 (and still does for stable/10).
> >=20
> > Did something change between the branches in this regard?
>=20
> Having looked at the release config file I thing there is some
> confusion. the GUMSTIX kernel config is for an old series of boards.
> These have been unavailable for the last 6 years [1].
>=20
> The U-Boot target in the release config is for a newer board, the
> DuoVero, however I'm not sure on the status of FreeBSD on this board.
> It has the same SoC as the PandaBoard so should work, but I don't have
> one to test.
>=20
> [1] http://docwiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=3DBasix_and_connex

This GUMSTIX.conf was created because of the u-boot-duovero port, which
in the pkg-descr of the port states:

"U-Boot loader for Gumstix Duovero."

We have one GUMSTIX kernel configuration, one GUMSTIX-QEMU kernel
configuration, but no DUOVERO (although I did not grep through the
configs to see if there was something else with a different name).

So, I'm certainly open for clarification if the GUMSTIX.conf is in fact
wrong.  (Added Ian to CC for advice, since he has done the work on the
u-boot ports in the Ports Collection.)

Glen

--tgO4DUqb0GCKXXLG

--tgO4DUqb0GCKXXLG--