Date:      Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:30:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Joe Nieten <jln@lincom-asg.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.2 named.conf

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Joe Nieten wrote:
> I just installed FreeBSD 3.2 ... where I was using 2.2.5, and the named
> configuration files are completed different.  Any idea where the
> documentation is to set up a primary dns using the new named.conf?

/usr/sbin/named-bootconf < named.boot > named.conf

will convert your named.boot to the new format.  Unless your named.boot
is unusual the generated named.conf will do just what you expect.

The sample named.conf is pretty heavily commented but you can also get
the complete docs at

http://www.isc.org/view.cgi?/products/BIND/docs/config/index.phtml

The zone file format is unchanged (modulo bind complaining if you dont add
a $TTL 9999 RR at the beginning of the zone file).  You'll want to look
at the docs for all the nifty new options.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com