Date:      Sat, 5 Sep 1998 22:15:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      A M Bein <ambein@interchange.ubc.ca>
To:        support@cdrom.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   for: command not found

Dear tech supporters,

	I bought Walnut Creeks release of FreeBSD 2.2.7 last week and
installed it. Installation went smoothly until (using THE COMPLETE FREEBSD
by Greg Lehey) I attempted to get source archive (p.96, Chapter 7,
"The Ports Collection") to install some software from the CDs. I stumbled
into a problem.

	I followed the steps outlined in the book:

1. mount the cdrom...
2. cd /cdrom/ports/distfiles
3. mkdir -p /usr/ports/distfiles
4. for i in *; do [enter]

In responce I get the messages:

for: Command not found
do: Command not found

	Where can I find and install these commands on my system?

Thanks for reading this, if I don't solve this problem I won't be able to
run any applications (make/make install don't work, and I don't have PPP
connection yet).

			Magnus Bein