Date:      Sat, 29 May 2004 21:17:51 -0500
From:      Jason Dusek <jdusek@cs.uiowa.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.2.1 on Presario R3000

I'm sorry, I forgot the subject line last time.

Hi All,

I am installing 5.2.1 on a Compaq Presario R3000. I made the CDs with
Roxio
Classic Creator on the Windows side.

The machine gets to the boot select screen okay, but no matter what
boot option
I go with the machine powers down. I've tried option 2 (FreeBSD without
ACPI)
several times.

So, what do I do now? This machine is hardly my first choice, but it's
a gift
and I'm stuck with it. It's got nice hardware, but there just seems to
be no way
around the Compaq curse...

- Jason