Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 23:37:18 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NAT and PPTP questions

It looks like I'll have to get by with one PPTP connection over my ADSL line for
my two machines (Windows NT and FreeBSD 4.3).  My idea, then, is to make the
PPTP connection from the FreeBSD machine, then use some sort of NAT to allow the
Windows machine to access the Net via the FreeBSD machine.  However, I'm
confused over what path to follow.  The PPTP connection will normally be up
continously, providing the FreeBSD machine with Net access; I've got that part
working already, with pptpclient.  Now I need to know what has to be set up to
allow the Windows NT machine to go through the FreeBSD machine as a gateway.  I
tried "natd -s -m -u -a <my external IP address>" but I don't know if that is
right, since man natd says to use the -nat option on ppp instead--but this isn't
really just a ppp connection, it's a continuous connection that replaces an
external link to the net.

Is there someplace I can find this scenario described in detail (including the
Windows configuration, if possible)?  I've looked all around the Web and I can't
seem to find anything that describes this precisely, which kind of surprises me
(I can't be the first person to think of it).