Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:55:02 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>, "Terry Lambert" <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Stallman stalls again

At 07:00 PM 3/12/2001, David Schwartz wrote:

>        So if I write a story , I don't have the moral right to decide whether to
>share it with others or not? Since I do in fact have that right, I'm curious
>if you could cite the law that gives it to me.

I'd reckon that it would be the First Amendment to the United States
Constitution, which grants you freedom of speech and freedom of the
press. Oh, and depending on the circumstances, perhaps the Fifth
Amendment.

You also have rights under the Berne Convention, which the US has
ratified.

--Brett Glass