Date:      02 Apr 2002 10:28:05 -0800
From:      Scott Reese <sreese@codysbooks.com>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>, dwcjr@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: samba-2.2.3a

On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 08:39, Jens Rehsack wrote:

> Since mid of january nmbd dumps at system start. It seems to happen, when windows
> and samba are both starting ...
> If I reboot my samba machine with my windows machine still up there's happening
> nothing. Rebooting Windows samba didn't takes any notice ...
> I think I stopped it rebuilding samba after build world.

I tried rebuilding Samba after my buildworld, but nmbd still dumps core
*almost* every time I reboot ("almost" meaning "every time I turn my
computer on in the morning and then only some of the time on subsequent
reboots throughout the day, if any").  These problems started happening
to me after one of my -STABLE buildworld/installworld/etc's about 3-4
weeks ago, but I wouldn't be able to definitively tell you if this is a
Samba problem or if something changed in FreeBSD.  As a side note,
Tomcat also stopped working correctly on boot at about the same time,
but I suppose that's something for another list, eh?

-Scott