Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:50:54 -0400
From:      "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@yandex-team.ru>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@freebsd.org>, Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@freebsd.org>, Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Net <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Network stack changes

> And any time you increase latency, that will have a negative impact on
> NFS performance. NFS RPCs are usually small messages (except Write requests
> and Read replies) and the RTT for these (mostly small, bidirectional)
> messages can have a significant impact on NFS perf.
>
> rick

this may be a bit off topic but not much... I have wondered with all of the
new
tcp algorithms
http://freebsdfoundation.blogspot.com/2011/03/summary-of-five-new-tcp-congestion.html

what algorithm is best suited for NFS over gigabit Ethernet, say FreeBSD to
FreeBSD.
and further more would a NFS optimized tcp algorithm be useful?

Sam Fourman Jr.