Date:      Sat, 28 May 2011 23:04:53 +0200
From:      Johann Kois <jkois@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Die Computerabteilung <support@math.uni-bonn.de>
Cc:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Edgar_Fu=DF?= <ef@math.uni-bonn.de>, www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Searching PRs for a string in the Description: field

On 28.05.2011 19:01 Edgar Fuß wrote:
> How do I search PRs for a certain string contained in the Description: field?
> I thought ``Text in multi-line fields'' would do just that, but that doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> I'm experiencing a softdep-related panic on NetBSD and was looking for any relevant PRs/fixes in FreeBSD. So I searched for ``allocdirect_merge'', but didn't get any results.
> By chance, I stumbled over kern/126089 (which has unfortunally been closed due to feedback timeout) where the Description: field contains my search string. Yes, I checked ``Closed reports too'', but the form didn't find 126089.
>
> I must be doing something stupidly wrong, I guess.

Try modifying you search criteria.  Meaning be more specific (if it is a
kernel problem you should limit the search to "kernel PRs only").  What
worked for me is:

- category: kern
- closed too: yes
- "multi-line field":  allocdirect_merge

This gave me 2 PRs, one of them being PR 126089.

Regards.

jkois

--
Johann Kois