Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:45:12 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        Gordon Freeman <freebsdjunkie@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with moused

Gordon Freeman writes:

>  I have a powered KVM unit for my Windows box and my FreeBSD
>  box. If the power is lost (for whatever reason) and then comes
>  back, the Windows seems to be able to recover without any serious
>  problems. On my FreeBSD box however, the mouse freezes.
	<deleted>

	I have a longstanding similar problem with my USB KVM*.  What
"fixes" it for me is to switch to another virtual console and back -
i.g. <Ctl><Alt<F2>, followed by <Ctl><Alt<F4>, where <Ctl><Alt<F4> is
running X.
	I also have problems - which may be related - with the mouse
just suddenly freezing, especially under heavy load.  Same fix works.

				Robert Huff

* -	Startech StarView 431USB, KVM
	FreeBSD -CURRENT (but the problem goes back to 4.x)
	Windows ME