Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2010 08:47:12 +1200
From:      Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
To:        Stacy Millions <stacy@Millions.Ca>
Cc:        arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Openmoko FreeRunner

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 13:26:11 -0600
Stacy Millions <stacy@Millions.Ca> wrote:
> I finally broke down and bought a debug board for my freerunner.
> After a day of futzing about I have it running -current in single
> user mode. A log of the kernel messages is here
> http://www.millions.ca/~stacy/freebsd/freerunner/20100831boot.txt
I have run FreeBSD on my FreeRunner. I have other development boards I
use for development though as they provide easier access.

> The todo list is a little overwhelming and I'm not sure what to
> tackle first (I also don't have a lot of free time at the moment but
> I could not resist the new gadget :-) ...
Have a look at [1]. For getting the FreeRunner booting a working MMC/SD
driver would be nice. I have a partially working driver but get
timeouts.

> NAND would be nice... even without a nand friendly file system having
> access to a root file system stored on the nand would make life
> easier. Heck, it might even boot into multi user mode if it had all
> the files it needed...
There is work on getting a NAND flash driver for FreeBSD. I don't
expect to be able to run a file system on NAND flash any time soon
though as the framework details are still being worked on.

> USB in cdce device mode could give me NFS.
I don't know if there is support for FreeBSD as a USB device. If there
is an s3c24x0 driver would need to be written for it.

Andrew

[1] http://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSDs3c24xx