Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 2020 06:18:47 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
Cc:        Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>, Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>, ports@freebsd.org, cy@freebsd.org, Dutchman01 <dutchman01@quicknet.nl>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: nut-2.7.4_13

In message <6718E2C0-4902-471C-BB79-025FCFF14ABE@punkt.de>, "Patrick M.
Hausen"
 writes:
> Hi all,
>
> > Am 24.03.2020 um 22:29 schrieb Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>:
> > Patches would be welcome. I started working on a -devel port in April 2019,
>
> > while waiting in an airport lounge. It wasn't a high priority at the time
> > as other higher priority projects have preempted what I started then. But
> > patches are certainly welcome and would hasten the work.
>
> A devel port would be most welcome. The current version in the ports
> tree uses an outdated API for USB (according to the nut-upsusers mailing
> list) and so does not work with the model I have here, for example.
>
> They do support BSD in general, but expect people to build from git :-/
> Don’t know how Linux package maintainers handle this.
>
> A devel port looks like the best approach for us.

I finished the port two days ago but have absolutely no idea if it works.
I've been putting in extra hours WFH at $JOB and have had no time to fiddle
around with it downstairs. You will have to wait until it's tested or if I
put it out for CFT, I will be slow to respond.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>