Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:53:13 -0500
From:      Jerry Lundy <jwlundy@swbell.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: O2Micro insertion / removal undetected

Greetings.

You are correct: the wireless card does not work. I can query it and set
its parameters, but it fails to function otherwise. When I ping a wired
host, I see repeated arp requests from the wireless client. The wireless
client appears to be blind to the arp responses.

Additionally, while attempting to ping from the wireless host, it shows
a series of kernel level syslog messages:

an0: device timeout
an0: device timeout
an0: discard frame w/o leading ethernet header (len 12 pkt len 12)
an0: discard frame w/o leading ethernet header (len 12 pkt len 12)

I've seen mention of interrupt routing problems before. Is this related
to the "APIC PCI interrupt routing support" that is on the Must Resolve
list for 5.2-RELEASE?

Are there any workarounds?

Thanks,

Jerry Lundy