Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:10:56 +0200
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new binutils broken for amd64

On Thursday 17 June 2004 20:06, Sean McNeil wrote:
> I just did a new make buildworld installworld with /usr/obj empty.  Same
> issue.  Just doing a
>
> portupgrade -f glib-2.4.2
>
> will fail with the new linker.  Turns out there are two linkers in
> /usr/obj.  The one at

This time I saw it too - linker from yesterday's buildworld caused building
XFree-clients to fail during a portupgrade with (paraphrased, since like a
total moron I forgot to save the error output): libexpat.so.5 not found. This
in spite of libexpat.so.5 being in /usr/local/lib and having -L/usr/local/lib
on the compile line.

Building ld again as described by Sean in his original message fixes the
problem.

--
   "On top of that [watching KDE CVS] is interesting in a perverse
    way, like watching sausage get made. By very smart people." - dkite