Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2008 06:56:17 +0200
From:      Gabor PALI <pgj@FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Proper Sort Order in mirrors.xml for Non-English Alphabets

Hello,

I started to translate the components required by the dynamically
generated mirrors.xml in share/sgml (i.e. transtable.xml,
transtable-local.xsl, mirrors-local.xsl), but I found that the sort
order (attribute "sortkey") generated for countries is not correct in
the sense of Hungarian spelling (ISO-8859-2), because it moves the words
starting with national characters (like É) to the end of the list. For
example, É should follow E in my tongue.

Is there any opportunity to define their sortkeys manually or use
another alphabet (encoding) for keeping things sorted?

Thank you for replies in advance.

Cheers,
-pgj